I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology asteroids Astronomy Big Bang black holes Climate change comets Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism culture of science dark energy dark matter Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies general relativity gravitation gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson history of science how science works Humor inflation Mars Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moon Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum gravity quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics racism radio astronomy relativity Saturn science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists sexism sexual harassment Space exploration spaceflight stars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs women in science
- @treebiology We need to know how it ends! (Presumably not the way the comics end....) 10 hours ago
- @jonrosenberg So much for the tolerant right 10 hours ago
- @talcotts Yeah, I hear you on that too. I'd love to get a better place, but it's not happening. 10 hours ago
- @talcotts Yeah, it's going to be about that hot here too. All my storm windows are closed. 10 hours ago
- del Toro is now saying we won't get Hellboy 3, after getting our hopes up. 10 hours ago