I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology asteroids Astronomy Big Bang black holes Climate change comets Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism culture of science dark energy dark matter Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies general relativity gravitation gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson history of science how science works Humor inflation Mars Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moon Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum gravity quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics racism radio astronomy relativity Saturn science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists sexism sexual harassment Space exploration spaceflight stars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs women in science
- Science writing, black holes, Jupiter, and random jokes. In other words: it's me. twitter.com/astrotweeps/st… 4 hours ago
- @seelix I did turn down a chance to interview Musk because the publication wanted a puff piece, and I didn't. I missed my chance. 4 hours ago
- "I want her to translate her fleeting feelings of admiration into a long-standing commitment to support STEM resear… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- Reminder from @JedidahIslerPhD of why Ivanka Trump is not the right person to talk about women in STEM: fellowsblog.ted.com/on-ivanka-trum… 5 hours ago
- @seelix I have come to terms with the fact that no Silicon Valley futurist bro is ever gonna consent to an interview with me 5 hours ago