I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology Astronomy Big Bang black holes Carl Sagan Citizen Science Climate change Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter dark matter detectors Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies general relativity gravitation gravitational lensing gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson history of science how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moon Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum gravity quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics radio astronomy relativity Saturn science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists Space exploration spaceflight spiral galaxy stars Star Wars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs women in science
- RT @factwalrus: Buy a walrus-scented candle for your next special occasion 0 minutes ago
- A supernova petroglyph, from "Of Time and a River" by William Least Heat Moon tmblr.co/ZVa2Xn1WYL7oa 1 hour ago
- @snapdragon830 I could tell you stories. 1 hour ago
- @JacquelynGill Yeah, @ihearttheroad rates above the rest of us plebes. 1 hour ago
- I am in a room with a piano, but I'm not really welcome to play it. This saddens me. 1 hour ago