I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology asteroids Astronomy Big Bang black holes Citizen Science Climate change comets Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter dark matter detectors Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies general relativity gravitation gravitational lensing gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson history of science how science works Humor inflation Mars Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moon Moonday! Music neutrinos nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum gravity quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics radio astronomy relativity Saturn science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists sexism Space exploration spaceflight stars Star Wars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs women in science
- To catch up on work and personal stuff, I'm taking a Twitter break. If you need me, please check out my page for alternative contact info. 2 days ago
- @helsouth The account I just reported literally just consists of telling people to kill themselves. 2 days ago
- @niais @IBJIYONGI The grocery store was blessedly peaceful this afternoon. I think it was the least crowded I've ever seen it! 2 days ago
- "Community values" 2 days ago
- I can't believe nobody reports them, so that must mean @Twitter just ignores *all* those complaints. 2 days ago