I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology Astronomy Big Bang black holes Carl Sagan Citizen Science Climate change Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter dark matter detectors Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies general relativity gravitation gravitational lensing gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson history of science how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moon Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum gravity quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics radio astronomy relativity Saturn science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists Space exploration spaceflight spiral galaxy stars Star Wars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs women in science
- I'm two paragraphs from finishing, but I really need food before I can focus on it. And food is all the way up the hill. 32 minutes ago
- @mandaYoho @melmaxson Done! 34 minutes ago
- Trying to find a good estimate of the total mass in the form of bacteria and other microbes, and getting conflicting numbers. 45 minutes ago
- @docfreeride Sexy Freelance Writer is how I dress every day. 1 hour ago
- @seastarbatita For some reason, I get astrology accounts following me occasionally. They don't stick around though. 1 hour ago