I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology Astronomy Big Bang black holes Carl Sagan Citizen Science Climate change Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies galaxy collisions gamma ray astronomy general relativity gravitation gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics radio astronomy relativity Saturn Saturn moons science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists Scio13 Space exploration spaceflight spiral galaxy stars Star Wars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog type Ia supernova WIMPs women in science
- RT @bravelittlemuon: Just found the original papers by Cockcroft and Walton announcing their generator and splitting the Li atom. (2/2) htt… 3 hours ago
- @katiesci I know one wei... never mind. 3 hours ago
- youtube.com/watch?v=cM4kqL… This song may be 22 years old, but damn, when it comes up I still feel it. 3 hours ago
- @nettiebethcain Yeah, I say that to Pascal practically daily: "You're lucky you're cute." 3 hours ago
- RT @AstroKatie: This is my only complaint. RT @SciBry: @JontiHorner There simply aren't enough dinosaurs in extragalactic astronomy. #ASA20… 3 hours ago