I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology Astronomy Big Bang black holes Carl Sagan Citizen Science Climate change Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies galaxy collisions gamma ray astronomy general relativity gravitation gravitational lensing gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics radio astronomy relativity Saturn Saturn moons science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists Space exploration spaceflight spiral galaxy stars Star Wars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog type Ia supernova WIMPs women in science
- @plsplsplsme He'd take it. He's very friendly. 4 hours ago
- wp.me/pXK0q-2Ky Pascal is also slightly more cooperative in terms of picture-taking. Here he is with @NeilShubin 's book. 4 hours ago
- Pascal, on the other hand, is all cat. 14 pounds of very warm, needy cat. 4 hours ago
- .@GothamKnowledge Harriet is very dog-like. She greets me at the door, follows me around, plays fetch, speaks for treats. 4 hours ago
- @sciencenotscary @GothamKnowledge CAT? WHERE? 4 hours ago