I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology Astrology Astronomy Back Roads Dark Skies Big Bang black holes Carl Sagan Citizen Science Climate change Comics cosmic microwave background Cosmology CosmoQuest Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter dinosaurs E = mc^2 Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies gamma ray astronomy general relativity gravitation Higgs boson how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation M87 Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nonlinear dynamics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics quantum physics radio astronomy relativity Saturn Saturn moons science communication science outreach science writers scientific beauty Scientists Scio13 Space exploration spaceflight spiral galaxy stars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs xkcd yo momma
- @upulie I know, you can't trust us at all. And we're *everywhere*. 3 hours ago
- @upulie It's definitely true. Every person who has ever damaged me significantly has been white. 3 hours ago
- Why the new block policy sucks. #RestoreTheBlock RT @drskyskull: Blog post: the people at @twitter are fucking morons skullsinthestars.com/2013/12/12/the… 3 hours ago
- wp.me/p14KoQ-1em Once more, with feeling: the Sun ate Comet ISON, but eating comets is generally not a good idea for you and me. 3 hours ago
- @peterdedmonds Most of the people saying this was a Major Problem were the MOND crowd anyway. 3 hours ago