I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
#Scio14 Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology asteroids Astronomy Back Roads Dark Skies Big Bang black holes Citizen Science Climate change Comics cosmic microwave background CosmoAcademy Cosmology CosmoQuest Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter dinosaurs E = mc^2 Earth Earth science Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies gamma ray astronomy general relativity gravitation Higgs boson how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics quantum physics radio astronomy relativity Saturn Saturn moons science communication science outreach scientific beauty Scientists Scio13 Space exploration spaceflight spiral galaxy stars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs xkcd yo momma
- Hm, I've seen a few recipes.... RT @upulie: @[me] is there an annotated encyclopaedia of Pan-Galatic Gargle Blaster candidates? 3 hours ago
- I may have just started a document of recipes for Adventure Time themed drinks. 3 hours ago
- As well you should. RT @Laelaps: Comment after my #PaleoFest talk: "You jumped right into the dinosaur sex." 4 hours ago
- @seelix This is the review I wrote: wp.me/p14KoQ-zp 4 hours ago
- @seelix The comic definitely glosses over that whole part of his life. 4 hours ago