I’m currently at the Quark Matter 2012 conference in Washington, DC, wearing my reporter hat for Ars Technica. Quark Matter is the international conference covering results in ultrarelavistic (meaning: extremely close to the speed of light) collisions between nuclei. We’ll be hearing from a number of the most important experiments in that area: the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and others. I’ll be live-tweeting the plenary sessions under the hashtag #QuarkMatter, if you want to follow along (no Twitter account necessary!).
Search the site!
Frequently Used Tags
Advent 2012 Advent 2013 Alphabet of Cosmology asteroids Astronomy Big Bang black holes Citizen Science Climate change comets Comics cosmic microwave background cosmic rays CosmoAcademy Cosmology Crackpottery Creationism dark energy dark matter dark matter detectors Earth Education Einstein Evolution exoplanets False Skepticism Fermilab galaxies general relativity gravitation gravitational lensing gravitational waves habitable worlds Higgs boson history of science how science works Hubble Space Telescope Humor inflation Mars Math Concepts mathematics Milky Way Moon Moonday! Music neutrinos Nobel Prize nuclear physics particle physics Physics Quanta planetary science Pseudoscience pulsars quantum gravity quantum measurement Quantum Mechanics radio astronomy relativity Saturn science communication science outreach scientific beauty Scientists Space exploration spaceflight stars Star Wars supermassive black holes Symmetry The Universe in a Box topology travelblog WIMPs women in science
- vox.com/2015/4/27/8502… The real joke about the "anger translator"? Obama wasn't joking. 5 hours ago
- RT @criener: "Jim Crow ain't dead" NOT vague, thuggish anger as CNN (&others) suggest. Deep, systemic, informed, righteous anger https://t… 5 hours ago
- RT @jonrosenberg: Have they considered telling the police to stop murdering people? That might work. twitter.com/CNN/status/592… 5 hours ago
- Time to admit that I'm not going to read this 49-page research paper with no figures and tons of equations. 5 hours ago
- RT @criener: Almost as if dream wasn't just deferred but actively suppressed. Almost as if segregated cities of the 60s never actually des… 5 hours ago